Contract Project Manager
Delridge Grocery Co-op is a volunteer-led community organization working to open a cooperative grocery store to provide healthy food to the Delridge community. We seek a part time (5-10 hours/week) contract project manager to support the Board of Directors with a variety of administrative and coordination duties relating to a market and financial feasibility study.
Delridge Grocery does not currently have office space available, so the administrative assistant will need to provide her/his own computer and working area. This is a temporary position to last approximately seven months, is grant funded, and is limited in term.
Delridge Grocery Co-op is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people of color, women, and those who identify as LGBTQ to apply.
- Monitoring, forwarding, and replying to inbound email communication.
- Coordinating grant reporting and budget reconciliation with funder.
- Coordinating site visits with consultants.
- Arranging town hall meetings including securing locations, arranging food, producing and disseminating recruitment and publicity materials and acquiring translation and interpretation services.
- Ongoing communication with members and community partners
- Supporting Board with other administrative tasks as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Computer literacy
- Project organization and planning skills
- Work management and prioritizing skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving ability
- Attention to detail
Additional desired (but not required) qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous project coordination experience
- Previous experience organizing community meetings
- Previous experience with co-ops or grocery industry
- Ability to speak a language from our community in addition to English (especially Spanish, Vietnamese, Amharic, or Swahili)
- Member of the Delridge, West Seattle, or White Center community
$25/hour, depending on experience, to a contract limit of $5000.
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will begin on 3/17/2017 and will continue until the position is filled.
This position is generously funded by a grant from the Catholic Campaign for Human Development.